Are you or a loved one struggling with dual diagnosis? At 12 South Recovery, we understand the unique challenges that come with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders. Our Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) program offers a glimmer of hope and a path toward lasting recovery. In this blog, we’ll dive deep into the world of MAT, explaining what it is, how it works, and why it could be the turning point in your journey towards wellness.
What is Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)?
Medication-Assisted Treatment, or MAT, is a comprehensive approach to addiction recovery that combines behavioral therapy and counseling with FDA-approved medications. This evidence-based approach is specifically designed to address both substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health conditions. At 12 South Recovery, we recognize that concurrently treating these disorders is essential for lasting recovery.
How Does MAT Work?
- MAT uses medications to stabilize brain chemistry, reduce cravings, and block the euphoric effects of drugs.
- Medications are administered under medical supervision to ensure safety and efficacy.
- MAT is always combined with counseling and therapy to address the psychological and emotional aspects of addiction.
Benefits of MAT
- Improved Treatment Outcomes: MAT has been shown to increase the likelihood of successful recovery.
- Reduced Relapse Rates: Medications help curb cravings, reducing the risk of relapse.
- Enhanced Quality of Life: MAT can improve overall well-being, allowing individuals to lead healthier, happier lives.
- Safe and Effective: FDA-approved medications used in MAT have a proven track record of safety and effectiveness.
- Customized Care: MAT can be tailored to the individual’s unique needs, ensuring a personalized approach to recovery.
Is MAT Right for You?
If you’re struggling with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders, MAT may be an excellent option for you. Our team at 12 South Recovery conducts a thorough assessment to determine if MAT is the right fit for your unique situation. We believe in providing individualized care to maximize your chances of recovery.
Contact 12 South Recovery Today!
Are you ready to take the first step towards a brighter future? Contact 12 South Recovery today to learn more about our Medication-Assisted Treatment program and start your journey toward lasting recovery.
Our experienced medical team may use medications such as Suboxone, Methadone, or Naltrexone, depending on your individual needs.
The duration of MAT varies from person to person. Our goal is to support you for as long as it takes to achieve sustained recovery.
Absolutely! MAT is always combined with therapy and counseling to address the psychological aspects of addiction and co-occurring disorders.
Yes, MAT is considered safe when administered under the supervision of trained medical professionals.
We offer various payment options and work with insurance providers to make MAT accessible to those in need. Contact us to discuss your specific financial situation.